Many people ask on so many places, what is high quality content for Google ? How can we define high quality content or what Google want from us in the form of good quality content or articles. I am trying to give you the answers by explaining Google’s recommendation comprehensively.
Read More : 3 Main Content Related Advices By Google
Last year, Google shared the high quality content guidelines on its official webmaster blog, more guidance on building high quality content. So here is it about what are the conditions and suggestions by Google for writing high quality content for websites.
1. Writer’s Trust : If you have written something then it is very much necessary that it should be believable. First of all will you trust the information provided by you.
For example, if you have shared any advice for the users for any subject. Will you too implement the same ? If you can trust the information then only you should share it to the readers.
2. Proper Knowledge of Topic : The person who wrote that article should be either a professional in that field or at least he should have enough knowledge on it.
If the person is not having the proper knowledge on that topic. Then how and why readers will be able to trust on it. Even, in few cases it can be harmful for them too.
3. No Duplicate & Unnecessary Articles – Are you duplicating the same topic just for the sake of covering few other keyword ? It means are you overlapping the content with new keywords ?
For example, I wrote a post in my blog with the title, how to change Facebook password. In this post I have shared the full process of changing the Facebook account password. But if I am creating an another post with the title, steps to change the Facebook account password. So, through this way I tried to cover maximum keywords but the content is same.
This is called overlapping and in case it is happening. Then stop doing it and rectify this mistake by deleting old posts. Because it is actually unnecessary content for your website.
4. No Money Related Risk : If you site includes the money transactions too then are you sure the visitor will feel comfortable to share its private information.
How to check it, think by self as a reader after viewing your site. If you would be there on the place of that reader. Then what would be your reaction on it. If you think you would have submitted your credit card, debit card numbers, pins, amount transfer etc. without any hesitation. Then you may think that its is fine.
5. No Grammatical Errors : It is a very basic and common mistake which bloggers ignore. They think few grammatical, spelling or punctuation mistakes will not affect their rankings.
But if a reader is arriving on your site then he is expecting you a professional writer. If you are showing by these mistakes that you are an irresponsible writer then he will leave your page and move towards any other article.
6. Write For Readers Not For Search Engines : Always write an article by focusing the readers of your blog instead of search engines. Because, stuffing extra keywords, post with less information etc. comes in the category of low quality content in Google measurement scale.
So, provide that information for which you expect a visitor on your page. If the user has been arrived by searching something else, because you optimized different keyword. And he got something else then it might be harmful for you.
7. Genuine Content : It is the main condition which Google put in front of all the bloggers, web masters and developers for better indexing. If you wish to have a blog which give you higher and higher rankings in Google SERP’s. The prefer writing original contact.
The original content should be on the base of original research, reporting, proper information and in your own way. Don’t ever try to copy content for any other website.
8. Content Comparing : Google softwares also check whether your pages have the substantial value then other pages or not. It means if your page is having less useful information then any other website’s page. then without any hesitation Google will prefer that site’s results on top.
The solution is, provide all the necessary information related to that topic. It also includes one of the above point too. Don’t go behind SEO and keywords, rush for the readers positive review and satisfaction.
9. Neutral Opinion : Be neutral at the time of writing content for your website. As Google clearly ask the question from the webmasters, whether the article describe both sides of a story.
It means if you are sharing any topic then write the positive as well as the negative side of that story too. So that the people can conclude it in their own view. Try to be neutral while writing.
10. Don’t Use Copyright Content : Don’t try to share or write any copyrighted content or thing. For example, if you are sharing a song which is copyrighted. It means you are sharing it then it means you are promoting piracy which is out of T & C of Google. So, before sharing any kind of content you must ensure whether you should have copyright of serving it or its should be free share by the authorized people.
11. Don’t Be In Hurry, Write Well : Google also suggest you write articles with calmness. Don’t make hurry or feel laziness while writing it. If somebody do this then the article remains incomplete.
So, if you are in hurry or feeling sloppy the stop writing. Complete it or edit it afterwards when you are totally free or in mood to write.
12. Be Careful for Health Queries : – It is a very important point if you are running a health related blog or website. Because the information providing by you could be taken seriously by the reader. And if it results in harmful for him then who will be the responsible person.
So, before publishing any health article, always confirm it is accurate and appropriate or not. Try to win your personal trust on that article before sharing it.
13. Full & Comprehensive Information : Of course, there are so many visitors who don’t love to read allot. They want much information in less words. So, try to write comprehensively always. It will attract the reader to read full post. But, don’t try to hide any important information. Share the full information as partial information will be criticized.
14. New & Attractive Content : Try to serve something new in your content with the help of new researches, analytic reports, stats etc. It will create the users attraction on your page. Unless, there is a chance that before arriving on your site the reader must have visited other sites too. If you are sharing only that common story in common way then where is your individuality.
15. Useful Content : Although the word has been repeated so many times in above paras. But it is an individual topic too. Are you providing an useful content through your blog or site.
How to scale the useful measurement ? Well, its simple ask yourself while reading that content, if you content has the power to get shared by people on various social and print platforms. Like social websites, newspapers, encyclopedias etc. Or, will people love to bookmark it.
If you think it has then it means you have written and high quality content. But remember keep information complete in your article. Then only it can be useful.
16. Less Ads & Clean Layout : Visitors come to read your article not your ads. But if you are giving more preference to ads then content then Google will fine your for that.
Ads should be in limit. Extra or enough ads can irritate a visitor. He will prefer to leave your page and choose any other link. Even the layout do also play a vital role in attraction.
Imaging, my blog is having black background and all the texts are written in yellow, red and green colors. Even more, the menus are movie here and there. Sidebar is walking upside down. Will you like it ? Of course not. So everything should be in proper and in proper manner.
So, these were the guidelines which are also mentioned by the official Google webmaster blog. I wrote this post to explain in for you. Hope, it was helpful for you. Thanks for reading. 🙂 🙂