Privacy of your system is very necessary, especially if you are have important professional or personal data inside it. People like me are very much insecure about their systems. Since, I have been using Windows laptop, I was well aware of its security. But being a new user of Macbook, I have to Google things to learn its system settings.
Recently, I felt like my User account’s security has been breached. It was really needed to change the password of my Macbook’s user account. The problem was, I didn’t know how to do it. If you are also facing such issue for your Macbook or Mac systems, I recommend you to follow below mentioned steps.
How To Change Mac’s User Password
To change your system’s password, you need your existing password. Do you remember it ? Good. Go ahead.
- Turn on your Mac system.
- Login to your account using your existing user password.
- Click on Apple menu (Apple icon on top left corner of your screen).
- Go to System Preferences.
- Now search and go to Users & Groups.
- You will be able to see your username in the list of users at left sidebar. Select it and click on Password.
- Next step is, click on Change Password button.
- System will ask your Old Password, New Password (twice) and Password Hint (optional), fill them and update it.
Following this way you have successfully changed your existing Mac’s user password with new one. Next time onwards, you have to use New Password (which have been set by you) to login into your account. I hope this article would have helped you. Share your comments